Season 5, Episode 38: Cassie's Best Friend

Image result for cassie's best friend power rangers turbo
"Cassie's Best Friend"
Episode 38
Air Date: November 11th, 1997

Awww, this was always a cute episode!!! :) I love seeing this side of Cassie as we learn of her undying love and friendship with her dog Jetson.  Though like Bulk and Skull, I find it hard to believe that he can not only pay for a newspaper but carry the change with him. When Jetson is turned into a human, he is at first bewildered by his new predicament but is still drawn to Cassie as human like he was as a dog. I like the actor who play Jethro, Jetson's human form, he definitely captures the mannerisms of a man who once was a dog.  He had good chemistry with Cassie's actress, Patricia Ja Lee and I enjoyed seeing how their friend developed in such a short amount of time. By the conclusion of the episode, I never got the impression that her new fond friendship with this random guy felt forced as it felt genuine and heartwarming.  I guess the bond between dog and owner was still strong between them...but why didn't one of the rangers....or anyone mention why Jethro was walking around with no shoes on??? O_o  I know Angel Grove is probably somewhere in California but who would think someone would question that despite that! lol

Meanwhile, the monster of the week is definitely one of Carranger's most bizarre and laughable creations.  Mr. Goorific.....yes, I mean come on, what do you expect from this show at this point??? LOL He has a special tube of Goo he can spray on his victims; turning them into any animal from a rat to a turtle to camel, etc. Though he just looks silly of course and the way he runs is one of the gayest things I've seen from this show. LOL

But anyway, Divatox is busy wondering when Elgar will be done fixing his zord after it lost it's arm last episode.  I really enjoy this mini storyline with Divatox and her own army of zords.  I mean in the end, she's always failing but at least it's good to see her being proactive in wanting to destroy the rangers compared to early in the season.  The Terrorzord and Mr. Goorific teaming up against the Rescue Megazord and Robo Racer was fun....too bad the Terrorzord got gooed and turned into a camel like I said. LOL Poor Elgar can never catch a break.  But then again, he's an idiot and can't seem to do anything right...except for last episode....but then again it was his fault the zord's arm broke off so I take it back. Either way, "Cassie's Best Friend" is an adorable little episode with a nice main storyline and a good monster of the week plot.  But I'll always cherish the way Mr. Goorific runs! lol

Final Morph: C+

Comments

Popular Posts