Season 4, Episode 29: A Season to Remember

Related image
"A Season to Remember"
Episode 29
Air Date: November 27th, 1996

More like "An Episode to Forget"!!! GAWDDD!!! What is up with these mediocre or flat out awful holiday specials!?? Over, maybe I'm going overboard but the last one, "I'm Dreaming of A White Ranger" wasn't that bad really. I mean sure there were moments I wanted to throw up but NOTHING compares to th disrespectful idiocy of this episode. So now we're suppose to believe Tommy and Kat end up together and not only have children but grandchildren!? O_O Nope, I don't believe it!!! The writers have shoved this Tommy and Katherine crap down our throats and by Turbo, it won't amount to anything!

My God, the child actors in this episode are all horrible, especially that sappy and saccharine moment a girl has to sing a love song to get the rangers and Raymond to break out of King Mondo's spell. Yes, King Mondo puts a spell on the rangers and Raymond, who are not only celebrating the holidays but their individual cultures as well that go with Hanukkah and Kwanzaa. I just I can't with the moments of the rangers being all chummy and feeling that holiday spirit because it just so overbearing. I'm sorry but I don't care for the rangers fighting and being all mean to each other during the holidays. This is Power Rangers, not an episode of a typical family holiday dinner. We're here to see the rangers battle the forces of evil in their multicolored suits and giant machines, not agree about which holiday tradition is better.

But the worse part of all of this is this story is being told through Tommy's perspective to his grandson. Another child actor who makes me want to vomit everytime he calls Tommy "grandpa". This is a ludicrous episode and I'm all for holiday specials when they are actually entertaining, funny, heartwarming and have a message to tell. This episode's message is just trying to shove it down the kids throats about love and being with friends is the true meaning of the holiday spirit instead of teaching the kids this in a more mature manner. Stop dumbing down these concepts to kids just cause they're kids. Jesus!!! "A Season to Remember" maybe the worst episode of the season as well as one of the worst of the franchise. My goodness, this was holiday trash!!! -_-

Final Morph:

Comments

Popular Posts