Season 1, Episode 11: No Clowning Around

Related image
"No Clowning Around"
Episode 11
Air Date: September 17, 1993

So....this episode....it's freakin' creepy as hell!!! O_O I mean there are kids turned into cardboard cutouts, sinister clowns and that monster of the week just looks disturbing!! I actually was kind of nervous for Sylvia. The child actor actually wasn't that bad; it's her dialogue that sucked though! Everytime she called Trini "Cousin Trini", I cringed.  But other than that, this episode just makes my skin crawl. I don't even have a fear of clowns but that main one who attacks Sylvia and almost gets Billy just freaks me out. A definitely menacing performance from that actor. Rita's plan to trick the rangers into going to a carnival didn't make sense to me but as it kept going it got borderline horrifying.  This was almost like an episode of "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" or "Goosebumps" only with Putties! Speaking of them, they even seemed more threatening this episode when they are usually goofy. The fact the fair performers turn into them and they actually give Jason, Zack and Kimberly a decent fight is impressive and made them look more legit than no at all!

I really like the fair setting and seeing a large group of civilians in danger upped the threat of the week. Though when the rangers announce that Rita is attacking the carnival and they ALL just run off in fear was the only moment I didn't buy this season. A bunch of teenagers tell a whole carnival is under attack and EVERYONE just agrees to run away???!! O_o Maybe if it was the rangers themselves in their suits, I'd buy it but no one knows these teens are  THE Power Rangers!! I would have said f^&* off and continued with my cotton candy! Anyway, Trini and Alpha try to figure out a way to transform Sylvia back into a human while the other rangers morph and fight Pinoctapus....yes, REALLY!!! Like I said, the thing looks disturbing, like a demonic pineapple with tentacles! Like an octopus...get it?! *Raises middle finger*  Though his pollen attack is useless cause the rangers' suits protect them...ha!!

Anyway, Sylvia is restored because....she was dehydrated....sigh....after Alpha throws some water on her. Alpha hides even though Sylvia clearly saw him and acts like Trini is the one who got her wet. Trini regroups with the rangers when the monster goes big and they dispatch the monster with the megazord. Oh and Im not gonna talk about Bulk and Skull anymore!!! They sucked as usual, what's there to talk about??? O_o

I really like this episode; creepy and corny all at the same time. I love clowns and Rita's plan; even though everyone goes back to the carnival afterwards when wasn't she the one behind it??? o_0 Confusion. Pinoctapus, as lame as his name is, was a bizarre looking monster that actually made me a little freaked out, so that was cool. One of the best of the early, pre-Tommy episodes. What?! I can't talk about him yet!? :P *Sticks tongue out*

Final Morph: B+

Comments

Popular Posts