Season 11, Episode 20: I Love Lothor

Image result for power rangers i love lothor
"I Love Lothor"
Episode 20
Air Date: June 21st, 2003

Sigh.  I guess my main problem with this episode is that Lothor, of course, given the title of the episode is the focal point of it. -_- I can't with these pathetic villains and their beyond humorless antics! Enough already! Sigh....in this episode, Lothor get the idea to become some TV sensation with his own show called..."I Love Lothor".....Lucille Ball.....thank goodness you weren't here to see this diabolical butchering of your timeless classic! -_-  In helping him becoming this new city wide sensation, since apparently, his likability rating is sooooo down (Hmmmm, I wonder why? O_o) they hire a monster named Mr. Ratwell (Ehhh could be worse! O_o) to make him an overnight success by being so popular.  I just.....if that wasn't bad enough, Marah and Kapri decide to make things worse by accidentally making Cam and Blake fall in love with Tori with some Love potion pill.  Yes, if Lothor's TV show debut wasn't horrible enough, the sub plot of the episode is Blake and Cam committing for Tori's affections.  I mean, it was funny for a scene or two, but the fact is becomes some new obstacle in the rangers' way while dealing with defeating Lothor this week...just....sigh.....I can't.

I mean the fight sequence between Cam and Blake wasn't bad but this just seemed more like a poor way to develop the building romance between Blake and Tori. Speaking of Tori, while trying to stop Team Lothor's broadcast, she gets captured and seemingly left to escape because our villains can't even have the common sense to you know, KILL one of the rangers...or at least tie her tight enough where she can't escape....or even guard her so she doesn't escape!!! Ehhhhh!!! -_-  Meanwhile, Shane, Hunter and Dustin are trying to stop Lothor's mind control over the women of the city but are nearly mobbed to death by the psychotic, love sick crowd who will do anything for their beloved Lothor.....I'm gonna be sick!

I guess the only thing I can say in the position is seeing the new megazord formation in the Samurai Thunder Megazord, which is pretty freakin' awesome and able to launch a very incredible finishing move on Mr. Ratwell (Yeah, I know!)  The episode wraps up with more Tori and Blake foreshadowing, especially when she mentions how Blake said "It's time she knows the truth!".  Yeah.....anyway, I hate to rush through this review seemingly, but this episode was a chore to watch and not the best showcase of the worst aspect of this season/series so far in Lothor and his buffoons collectively looking like incompetent wastes of time! -_-

Final Morph: C- 

Comments

Popular Posts